Reader reviews and comments on Message from an Unknown Chinese Mother, plus links to write your own review.

Message from an Unknown Chinese Mother

Stories of Loss and Love

by Xue Xinran

Message from an Unknown Chinese Mother by Xue Xinran

Mar 2011, 272 pages
    Mar 2012, 272 pages

Julie Wan

There is 1 reader review for Message from an Unknown Chinese Mother

Power Reviewer Louise J (06/15/11)

Beautiful & Poignant
Any family thinking about adopting a child from China, MUST read this book! It lays out the laws of adoption, gives extremely credible cultural perspective and gives a compassionate voice to and for the many Chinese women who, heartbreakingly, were forced to abandon or place their beloved children in orphanages.

Xinran does an incredible job at addressing the unimaginable heartache and pain millions of Chinese mothers suffered as they were pressured to abandon their children in the street, leave their crying infant on the steps of a run-down and inadequate orphanage, and even kill their own child!

Unfortunately, these are the realities of China and for every mother there who has lost a child, they carry unbelievable and undeniable pain, anguish, torment, and suffering that at times, drives them to commit suicide.

This is an emotional book that you MUST read! As a non-Chinese mother, this incredible book evoked emotions deep into my soul and awakening feelings I didn’t even know I had. My heart truly goes out to the millions of Chinese mothers and daughters everywhere who don’t know each other or who wait to someday to meet again on some plane.

The Mothers' Bridge of Love

by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R