Reader reviews and comments on Blood, Bones & Butter, plus links to write your own review.

Blood, Bones & Butter

Jan 2012, 320 pages

Megan Shaffer

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Blood, Bones & Butter

Well-written Book Not Just for Foodies
Ms. Hamilton's story caught me at the first page and took me through the many stages of her life and career. I love to read about cooking, but it is the stories of the people in her life that held me and continue to be in my head still. This book is a keeper.

This book is fascinating, often in that train wreck sort of way. Gabrielle Hamilton is a terrific writer who tells her crazy life story in an unpretentious fashion. The frenetic pace and actions of Hamilton's life give the book the feel of The Glass Castle. I put off reading B,B&B for a while because I am not a true foodie. It did not matter; it's a great read whether you are into food or not.

• Book Jacket: Eat the Apple
    The Driest Season
    by Meghan Kenny

The House of Broken Angels
    by Luis Alberto Urrea

The definitive Mexican-American immigrant story from an acclaimed storyteller.

Win The Balcony