Reader reviews and comments on Freedom, plus links to write your own review.

Freedom

by Jonathan Franzen

Freedom by Jonathan Franzen

Aug 2010, 576 pages
    Sep 2011, 608 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Freedom

Carole (02/20/12)

Give me freedom from Freedom!
Spare me the pretentious style, the boring narration, the stereotypical depiction of a generation based on nothing real. I read this book ONLY because our book club required it. Most of the time I was throwing up in my brain. What was so important about this book? I was amazed at the really great reviews! Excuse me, but read Hemingway, please.
Bobbi (11/06/10)

Too long-too little
I have been trying for over 1/3 of the book to get interested and care about the characters. So far I have invested a lot of time without much reward. The story is familiar and predictable. The characters are weak and not likable. I'm thinking seriously about giving up on it and moving on to something that I can look forward to picking up and continuing to read instead of this book which has failed to grab me.

• Book Jacket: All Our Wrong Todays

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

The only real blind person at Christmas-time is he who has not Christmas in his heart.

O My D B