Reader reviews and comments on A Secret Kept, plus links to write your own review.

by Tatiana de Rosnay

A Secret Kept by Tatiana de Rosnay

Sep 2010, 320 pages
    Sep 2011, 320 pages

Beverly Melven

There are currently 6 reader reviews for A Secret Kept

Doreen M (06/07/12)

A secret kept
Depressing and disjointed. Such a big letdown after Sarah's Keys.
Dorothy Halligan (10/28/11)

A Secret Kept
A very well-written story about how we perceive events as children, and often misconstrue their meaning. I listened to the book and found the narrator as good a storyteller as I've heard, which enhanced the culture, and sense of place that was crucial to the plot.

The reader followed the twists and turns of Antoine's pursuit as if in his company, experiencing the same emotions and surprise.
A good book for the sleuth in us all; and those of us with childhood secrets that need to be revealed!
I.Marshall (10/27/11)

A Secret Kept
Very well written, but unsatisfactory. The plot was muddled and there seemed to be too many extraneous events that had little or nothing to do with the main plot. At one point a reference to the letters that he had not yet read was made. Again, the writing was excellent, but the story line was disappointing.
JWW (10/12/11)

Not a page turner
This book had it's moments of intrigue and interesting plot but, unfortunately, there were only moments. A big deal was made of the secret but the secret was not such a big deal. The characters were over-wrought or under developed and, at times, tedious. The setting (the Gois and the island) was interesting. Makes one want to visit and watch the phenomena.

I have friends who will love this book...but I didn't.
Becca Garcia (09/14/11)

Don't expect "Sarah's Key"
I enjoyed "A Secret Kept", but did not like this story as much as "Sarah's Key". The characters were not complex and I didn't feel the urgent need to continue reading although I did finish the book.
Dianne S (09/20/10)

This book shouldn't be a kept a secret
I just finished reading Tatiana de Rosnay's A Secret Kept & I loved it. It had the right blend of drama and vivid characters. The story line was great and as in Sarah's Key, the chapters were short & concise which ads to the flow of the novel.

I thought that Sarah's Key was written more in the style for young adults even though it was a great book. Tatiana de Rosnay has definetly kicked it up a notch for this book.

Noirmoutier

Tender
    by Belinda McKeon

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

The low brow and the high brow

K Your F C