Reader reviews and comments on All Too Human, plus links to write your own review.

All Too Human

Mar 1999, 255 pages
    Mar 2000, 255 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for All Too Human

SB Rfowe

Is this country becoming impossible to govern?? The White House is pictured as a "fun house" poised in the center of a Merry-Go-Round. The media has encircled the principles who never know who or what will jump out at them from behind the hidden doors. All Too Human depicts staffers and a President whose time is eaten up "reacting" to false stories, innuendoes and misinterpretations.

We all criticize the press for shielding Kennedy from the consequences of his alleged misconduct, but perhaps the people's "need to know and right to know" should once again take a back seat to the privacy and protection of the "Oval Office". In the complexity of our legislative process, focused time and concentration is absolutely required to move the ball from point A to B.

This book tells the story of an inexperienced and unprotected Clinton White House put in a position of reactive governing. Isn't it amazing the Clinton years changed so much and did so much good i.e. deficit reduction, high employment, economic growth, Family Leave, domestic peace core, etc., etc.

All Too Human wonderfully portrays the strange cast of characters in and around Washington.

Excellent and very readable book.
Kimberly Romero

I am an 18 year old who loves this book! I will admit that at first I wasn't sure I would be interested. However, I was addicted right away. This book keeps me interested, the way Mr. Stephanopoulos words his sentences and how he is very descriptive. I felt at times as if I was there. I love this book because I find it rare to find a political book that a teenager will read, let alone like! I personally want to thank Mr. Stephanopoulos for giving me insight into a world that can be extremly hectic and powerful, also for for filling my mind with knowldge. Wonderful book!
Charles Rollins

A great book. Sometimes a little honesty in this political world is what we all need. Revealing and insightful, a clear and chilling glimpse into the Clinton administration.

Carol Dixon
This fascinating, well written book gives a scary insight to the Clinton White House. Stephanopoulos does a pretty fair job presenting the foibles and virtues of everyone involved. It's a valuable first hand account.

Jennifer Jackson
What a fabulous book! I thought Stephanopoulos' honest look at himself and Washington politics was fascinating and insightful. I had a difficult time putting this one down!! Great read.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...
  • Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...
  • Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

Where the Light Enters
by Sara Donati

An enthralling epic about two trailblazing female doctors in 19th century New York.

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R