Reader reviews and comments on The Mysterious Howling, plus links to write your own review.

The Mysterious Howling

The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place, Book I

by Maryrose Wood

The Mysterious Howling by Maryrose Wood

Mar 2010, 272 pages
    Jan 2011, 288 pages

Jennifer G Wilder

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Mysterious Howling

Power Reviewer Becky H (02/03/11)

I loved this book!
I received this book as an ARC some time ago and found it delightful. I laughed out loud and yet was moved almost to tears. I am a retired children's librarian and I most heartily recommend this book to all the children and adults who loved Mary Poppins and Daddy Long Legs with bits of Diane Duane thrown in. There is enough mystery to keep a reluctant reader reading, enough weirdness for the boys and enough pluckiness for the girls.

I can't wait for the sequel!
Sue (06/19/10)

Ahh-roooooo!
Driving around Silicon Valley can be an irritating experience. So many cars out there, and it seems other drivers' only objective is to get in front of me. To keep my speed and blood pressure down, I listen to children's audio books while commuting. It's just the right tone, often funny, and something to look forward to when I get in the car.

My last favorite was 'Skulduggery Pleasant'. And now, there's the 'Mysterious Howling'. I found myself howling along as I drove to Safeway--thank goodness the windows were up. Ah-roooo!

Tender
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

K Your F C