Reader reviews and comments on Remarkable Creatures, plus links to write your own review.

Remarkable Creatures

Jennifer G Wilder

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Remarkable Creatures

Sue Riggs

Woman of note
I became entranced with the story of an unknown woman of poor schooling and economic standing who pursued the opportunities of a lifetime. Having read other novels by Tracy Chevalier my initial interest was in her writing/storytelling abilities. I was pulled into the story of Mary Anning. So much goes by us each day without our knowledge. I found the book refreshing and informative.
Power Reviewer Suzanne G.

Based on history—
This is a wonderful story taking place on the shores of Lyme England. Elizabeth Philpot and Mary Anning have a love of fossils in early 1800s. A strong bond of friendship develops between the women, although their social circumstances and backgrounds are so dissimilar. This story is based on true happenings. It is very much a recognizable Chevalier-written book— great fiction formed on facts.
Power Reviewer Dorothy T.

Tracy Chevalier Comes Through Again
Tracy Chevalier has great ability to use fiction to elaborate on the lives of true characters. From the beginning pages, I was drawn into the lives of Mary Anning and Elizabeth Philpot and learned much about them and their work hunting fossils, in a time and place that the novel brings into focus. The story also has much to say about friendship and personal growth.

• Book Jacket: New People