Reader reviews and comments on Remarkable Creatures, plus links to write your own review.

Remarkable Creatures

Jennifer G Wilder

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Remarkable Creatures

Sue Riggs (02/19/17)

Woman of note
I became entranced with the story of an unknown woman of poor schooling and economic standing who pursued the opportunities of a lifetime. Having read other novels by Tracy Chevalier my initial interest was in her writing/storytelling abilities. I was pulled into the story of Mary Anning. So much goes by us each day without our knowledge. I found the book refreshing and informative.
Power Reviewer Suzanne G. (08/15/12)

Based on history—
This is a wonderful story taking place on the shores of Lyme England. Elizabeth Philpot and Mary Anning have a love of fossils in early 1800s. A strong bond of friendship develops between the women, although their social circumstances and backgrounds are so dissimilar. This story is based on true happenings. It is very much a recognizable Chevalier-written book— great fiction formed on facts.
Power Reviewer Dorothy T. (12/22/10)

Tracy Chevalier Comes Through Again
Tracy Chevalier has great ability to use fiction to elaborate on the lives of true characters. From the beginning pages, I was drawn into the lives of Mary Anning and Elizabeth Philpot and learned much about them and their work hunting fossils, in a time and place that the novel brings into focus. The story also has much to say about friendship and personal growth.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts
    Music of the Ghosts
    by Vaddey Ratner

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

When an old man dies, a library burns to the ground.

Y S M B, I'll S Y