Reader reviews and comments on Group, plus links to write your own review.

Group

Six People In Search of A Life

by Paul Solotaroff

Group by Paul Solotaroff

Jul 1999, 384 pages
    Aug 2000, 352 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Group

chris (04/22/04)

"Group" is truly a moment captured by an author of lives in progress. As we invite the public into our private life on a daily basis, as well as a pattern of obscure persona creating a story to be heard for entertainment, this encounter by the author, is not only a slice of life...it's the entire pie, from working the dough to baking the pie. This is real life that reads like fiction. A fun read. Take this book to a hammock on a nice vacation, you'll be swept away.
Chris Moriarty- Taxicab Confessions HBO
Anonymous (08/09/01)

Daphne Blake
Most people enter a group or decide to become a member of a group, because they seek improved relationships, or they desire a positive life change. In order to change, we must become aware of our interpersonal styles; how we behave in relation to others. From this comes awareness, and awareness can lead to change. The process of interaction was lacking in the group of 6 individuals. Hence, little feedback was received, and little awareness was uncovered. This type of group therapy is referred to as vertical disclosure, whereby one shares history, rather than sharing what is going on with them in the here and now. To avoid what is going on now (fear, anxiety, intimidation), people often resort to delving into historical accounts. Historical accounts are ineffective, unproductive and antitherapeutic.

• Book Jacket: Pachinko
    Lincoln in the Bardo
    by George Saunders

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power

K Your F C