Reader reviews and comments on Group, plus links to write your own review.

Group

Six People In Search of A Life

by Paul Solotaroff

Group by Paul Solotaroff

Jul 1999, 384 pages
    Aug 2000, 352 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Group

chris (04/22/04)

"Group" is truly a moment captured by an author of lives in progress. As we invite the public into our private life on a daily basis, as well as a pattern of obscure persona creating a story to be heard for entertainment, this encounter by the author, is not only a slice of life...it's the entire pie, from working the dough to baking the pie. This is real life that reads like fiction. A fun read. Take this book to a hammock on a nice vacation, you'll be swept away.
Chris Moriarty- Taxicab Confessions HBO
Anonymous (08/09/01)

Daphne Blake
Most people enter a group or decide to become a member of a group, because they seek improved relationships, or they desire a positive life change. In order to change, we must become aware of our interpersonal styles; how we behave in relation to others. From this comes awareness, and awareness can lead to change. The process of interaction was lacking in the group of 6 individuals. Hence, little feedback was received, and little awareness was uncovered. This type of group therapy is referred to as vertical disclosure, whereby one shares history, rather than sharing what is going on with them in the here and now. To avoid what is going on now (fear, anxiety, intimidation), people often resort to delving into historical accounts. Historical accounts are ineffective, unproductive and antitherapeutic.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

If We Were Villains
    by M. L. Rio

Any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right, or better.

Y S M B, I'll S Y