Reader reviews and comments on Summertime, plus links to write your own review.

Summertime

Micah Gell-Redman

There is 1 reader review for Summertime

Bonnie Brody

Biography of a Living Writer - Supposedly Written After His Death
This is a wonderful book. John Coetzee writes a 'biography' of himself that supposedly has been written after his death. The biographer interviews family members, old lovers and colleagues of Coetzee. What comes out repeatedly is that Coetzee was a bland man, asexual and seemingly without ambition. The big question that comes to mind while reading this book is how can it be possible to evaluate the artist separately from his art? I truly loved this book and give it my highest recommendation.

• Book Jacket: The Radium Girls
    by Jennifer Finney Boylan
  • Book Jacket: Proving Ground
    Proving Ground
    by Peter Blauner
    More than a decade after winning the 1992 Best First Novel Edgar for Slow Motion Riot, Peter Blauner...

Win News of the World