Reader reviews and comments on Galileo's Daughter, plus links to write your own review.

Galileo's Daughter

A Historical Memoir of Science, Faith, and Love

by Dava Sobel

Galileo's Daughter

Oct 1999, 448 pages
    Oct 2000, 432 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Galileo's Daughter

wardo (12/16/07)

Galileo's Daughter, a story of love, faith, and science
An amazing read. This is the story of Galileo's life in the context of his eldest daughter's beautiful prose. The story shines the intimacy of this mans relationship with his up-until-now unknown daughter and at the same time exposes the relevance of the masters life as a scientist, philosopher, and deeply religious man. I had a sense of the conflict of beginning a devote Catholic in a time when the church’s authority and scientific reasoning was at its nexus. A must read for those who love history, science, and faith.
Imjetta (11/05/06)

Galileos Daughter
I loved this book! It starts out slow, and I had to put it down to ponder every now and again, but I love it! So rich in detail and history. I learned so much about the time period as well as about Galileo himself. I've always admired him, but now I adore him!
meac (03/29/04)

extremely interesting book, with great storyline, makes and exellent read
Q.T (03/10/03)

ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING
Anonymous (08/09/01)

Mary Sue Schnell
A stunning and moving tale of the love and devotion between the brilliant scientist, Galileo, and his largely unknown daughter. I was totally unprepared to deal with the stunning conclusion of this book. Five stars.

One Month Free Membership

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

An enthralling novel about love, loss, secrets and friendship.

Girl Waits with Gun