MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Galileo's Daughter, plus links to write your own review.

Galileo's Daughter

Oct 1999, 448 pages
    Oct 2000, 432 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Galileo's Daughter

wardo

Galileo's Daughter, a story of love, faith, and science
An amazing read. This is the story of Galileo's life in the context of his eldest daughter's beautiful prose. The story shines the intimacy of this mans relationship with his up-until-now unknown daughter and at the same time exposes the relevance of the masters life as a scientist, philosopher, and deeply religious man. I had a sense of the conflict of beginning a devote Catholic in a time when the church’s authority and scientific reasoning was at its nexus. A must read for those who love history, science, and faith.
Imjetta

Galileos Daughter
I loved this book! It starts out slow, and I had to put it down to ponder every now and again, but I love it! So rich in detail and history. I learned so much about the time period as well as about Galileo himself. I've always admired him, but now I adore him!
meac

extremely interesting book, with great storyline, makes and exellent read
Q.T

ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING

Mary Sue Schnell
A stunning and moving tale of the love and devotion between the brilliant scientist, Galileo, and his largely unknown daughter. I was totally unprepared to deal with the stunning conclusion of this book. Five stars.

• Book Jacket: The Mercies
    The Mercies
    by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
    It's 1617 and a violent storm has claimed the lives of 40 fishermen off the coast of Vardø, a ...
    Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree
    by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani
    Ya Ta, the main character in Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani's novel, Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree, ...
  • Book Jacket: Run Me to Earth
    Run Me to Earth
    by Paul Yoon
    Suspenseful and elegant storytelling in Run Me to Earth kept me turning pages even through traumatic...
  • Book Jacket: Beheld
    Beheld
    by TaraShea Nesbit
    Much like her debut novel The Wives of Los Alamos, TaraShea Nesbit's Beheld imagines a familiar ...

The Mountains Sing
    by Nguyen Phan Que Mai

An enveloping, multigenerational tale set against the backdrop of the Viet Nam War.

The Yellow Bird Sings
    by Jennifer Rosner

A breathtaking debut inspired by the true stories of Jewish children hidden during WWII.

The Things They Carried
by Tim O'Brien

The classic, ground-breaking meditation on war and the redemptive power of storytelling.

Win The Firsts