Reader reviews and comments on Sarah's Key, plus links to write your own review.

by Tatiana de Rosnay

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay X
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

Jun 2007, 304 pages
    Sep 2008, 320 pages

There are currently 18 reader reviews for Sarah's Key

Brooke

Sarah's Key
Sarah's Key was very intriguing. I loved it from the very beginning. I highly recommend this book if you are into historical fiction books that are exciting and have a touch of romance in it. I loved it, and I hope that you do to. Do not be afraid to read a book. Even if the reviews don;t catch your eye, it doesn't mean that you wouldn't enjoy it. I myself have read reviews on a book, and it didn't sound good at all, but I read it and it is one of my favorite books that I have ever read. So I highly recommend this Just try it, I'm sure that you will love it!!!! :)
HP

Sara's Key
I loved the story, although, It was sad and hard to read. Being Jewish myself, it brought tears to my eyes. It was a surprise ending. Everyone should read this book.
Kathy West

Sarah's Key
This is a must read book. I really enjoyed how she used the 2 characters past and present to tell this important story. I had a difficult time putting down my book. I was concerned about reading another Nazi story because it is so unbelievable that humans could treat other humans that way, but this is done so uniquely. ENJOY, I DID!
Kaylaa (:

Ohhmygoooosh.
Oh, my! There are so many words to describe this book .I love this book & I will recommend it for anyone. I hope who ever sees this reads it & enjoys it ! :D.
Annie

AMAZING!!!
I started this book while in the bookstore and could not put it done. It was amazing and addicting. I finished this book in two days due to its addicting contents. I now am researching the Vel d' Hiv. This upcoming summer I am traveling to Paris and hope to see these sites of this horrific event.
Barbara Roberts

Sarah's Key was required reading.
I'm so glad. My book club selection brought groans when I read the back cover. Anguish. The hardest historical period for me is during the Holocaust. I sat down with the book and swallowed hard, dived into the first chapter, and was intoxicated by the plot and Tatiana de Rosnay's beautiful writing style. She pulled me into the depth of human tragedy and mercifully let me surface for a chapter while I got a whiff of modern Paris. Then she plunged me under again, and let me experience an innocent's look at the prism of horror that was Nazism, evil beyond imagining. The author's passion for both justice and mercy blended Julia's persona with the reader's as we waited to learn the fate of the heroine, Sarah. Ironically, she who lived died a thousand deaths of fear and haunting in her young life. I was so relieved that Julia salvaged the best part of Sarah and of herself.
Pebblez

Sarah's Story
This book was the most touching book I have read. The whole concept of it was amazing. Anyone who has a choice to read this or Twilight please read Sarah's Key. I am 13 and I loved this book but I couldn't help but cry at most of the parts. This book is perfect for all ages and I recommend this for everyone. Everyone should hear Sarah's story. We should learn more about our past even if it is embarrassing to some. May Sarah Starzynski live forever!
Gail Lowe

Burned the midnight oil
As an author, I'm always on the hunt for page-turners that I can sink my teeth into. Sarah's Key certainly qualifies. When I went to Paris in 1998, I knew that Hitler's men army had marched down the Champs Elysees but had no idea that a roundup of Jews had occurred. I loved reading the different perspectives of both Julia and Sarah -- each of their stories was riveting in different ways -- but what kept coming back to me again and again was one unanswered question: why did Julia's parents allow their 4-year-old son to be left behind? Gail Lowe, Author of Former Things

La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Conviction
    Conviction
    by Denise Mina
    Scottish author Denise Mina's latest novel, Conviction, is a fast-paced thriller narrated by Anna, a...
    Dread Nation
    by Justina Ireland
    The war between the states is over and, instead, a very different battle is being waged for the ...
  • Book Jacket: Costalegre
    Costalegre
    by Courtney Maum
    The year is 1937 and Hitler is gaining stronger sway over Europe. Chief among the Führer's ...

Ellie and the Harpmaker
    by Hazel Prior

A rich, heartwarming and charming debut novel about finding love in unexpected places.

Book Club
America for Beginners
by Leah Franqui

A poignant debut that explores unlikely friendships forged in unusual circumstances.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Crudo

Crudo by Olivia Laing

A brilliant, funny, and emphatically raw novel of love on the brink of the apocalypse.

S A A B In A R