Reader reviews and comments on The Magician's Elephant, plus links to write your own review.

The Magician's Elephant

Tamara Smith

There are currently 7 reader reviews for The Magician's Elephant

ANDREA (11/09/14)

Awesome book
This is the best book ever that i read in my life
karli (11/30/11)

the elephants magician
It is a mysterious book. It's an adventure about a boy looking for his sister. It's very great. I wish there was more to it
Marianna Clark (02/22/11)

The Magician's Elephant: A Reveiw
Just like any other book this book has its strengths and weaknesses. One of the strengths of this book is that it has an interesting quality of magic that brings the reader into the story. It makes you not want to keep reading. The Magicians Elephant is also set up as a sort of metaphor for all readers; that is, you can find yourself in the story. The book also is complete with 17 black and white images that help the reader imagine the city, and it makes you feel even more a part of the story. I would say that one of the weaknesses is that the characters were hard to follow because the book jumps back and forth.
Overall I think that this book was written very successfully. There comes a time in everyone’s life when we have questions that need to be answered, this is just how it was for Peter Duchene. It gives the reader a little hope that sometimes the impossible really can happen
anonymous (06/14/10)

The Best Book Ever
I gave it a rate of 5 because it was really good. Near the end was the best because it was where all the different stories merged and how they at the end become one story. I recommend this book to people who like fantasy books and people who don't want to put the book down because it will be hard to put it down once you start reading it.
Shannon Swift (05/18/10)

This book is so so so so so so so great! Anyone should like it! Even not good readers!
tori (01/11/10)

I thought it was a good book except for the fact that it had at least 2 paragraphs about how much it snowed in where ever they live. If it had had less of that then I would have given it more of a thumbs up.
Pinkie (12/10/09)

Kate dicamillo books
I read your book the Magicians Elephant and it was incredible. I loved it!! I'm only 11 years old and I thought it was AMAZING.!!! Your my favorite author as well as my best friends. We both LOVE your books. We read your books: the Tale of Desperaux, and the journey of Edward Tulane as well as the Magicians Elephant.

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti
  • Book Jacket: So Say the Fallen
    So Say the Fallen
    by Stuart Neville

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.