Reader reviews and comments on Brodeck, plus links to write your own review.

Brodeck

Micah Gell-Redman

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Brodeck

donna nueva, (10/06/10)

the other
An extremely good and well-written book, Brodeck explores the theme of "the other". villagers in an isolated town show their suspicions about a newly arrived person fron"the outside" and how these initial suspicions lead to extreme violence. I highly recommend this book.
Ernie Urvater (08/04/09)

Brodeck: a stunning masterpiece
Very good doesn't do this novel justice. It has been called a modern masterpiece by another reviewer, and that is exactly what it is. I read Brodeck in one day--I couldn't put it down. At once chilling and disturbing, it leaves the reader with a great deal to ponder about the human condition. It is my first encounter with Claudel's fiction, and it has me running to my local bookstore to seek out his other works. Brodeck is beautifully translated from the French by John Cullen. One would never suspect it wasn't originally written in English.

• Book Jacket: All Our Wrong Todays

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Being slightly paranoid is like being slightly pregnant – it tends to get worse.

O My D B