Reader reviews and comments on Perfect Murder, Perfect Town, plus links to write your own review.

Perfect Murder, Perfect Town

The Uncensored Story of the JonBenet Murder and the Grand Jury's Search for the Final Truth

by Lawrence Schiller

Perfect Murder, Perfect Town by Lawrence Schiller

Feb 1999, 640 pages
    Nov 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Perfect Murder, Perfect Town

theresa santa fe (10/06/10)

truth itself can never really be known
The spirit of Schiller's perfect murder, perfect town seems to be one of all perspectives are valid, as if a real life murder didn't take place for which one of more people are responsible. It lacks intellectual scrutiny, as if Schiller were saying some believe the world is flat while others believe the world is round and I'm going to allow the reader to decide what is fact and what is fiction. As far as I see it, Schiller's book wasn't worth writing because there's no drive in the spirit of the author toward truth and justice. There's nothing about Schiller's book that tells me that this author felt compelled to find out why this investigation turned out so poorly and what happened to this litlle girl. It's as if Schiller believes that intellectual objectivity requires one to remain at such a distance from the subject that the subject becomes merely a matter of everyone has an opinion and truth itself can never really be known.
Heather Davis (05/27/04)

Text I completly disliked the book because it only points out that the Ramsey's had problems and that they were the killers. The family is like everyother one in America but it is also not like everyother family in America because they lost a special part of them.
Melissa Hasberry (11/13/02)

This book was very excellent and gave very good details he lets the world know what was going on on their sid of the world.
Anonymous (08/09/01)

C Gauntlett
I can't understand why Douglas, the expert on crime scene profiling supports the Ramsey's. I read the book to believe that all other FBI profilers where able to pin point the crime on a family member. I have lost all respect for Douglas. What was he thinking? I would like to know how he can take such an opposite view to his colleagues. After all, didn't he pioneer the profiling system? He should know better than anyone. (about hardback edition)

Tender
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

Most of us who turn to any subject we love remember some morning or evening hour when...

K Your F C