Reader reviews and comments on Wintergirls, plus links to write your own review.

by Laurie Halse Anderson

Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson X
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

Mar 2009, 288 pages
    Mar 2010, 288 pages

Vy Armour

There are currently 12 reader reviews for Wintergirls

I love it! I would suggest it. Although I've been through some of the stuff in this book, so to me it makes sense. Some people may be confused.

One of the best books I've ever read! Really connects with the reader.

I fell in love with this book from the beginning. Its relatable, plus if you love edgy stories with a bit of mystery, its the book for you that you will want to read over and over.

5 doesn't describe how great this book is!
My cousin recommended this book to me because she thought of me when she read it because I actually relate to the main character in this story, perhaps that's why I liked it so much but I would for sure recommend it to anyone!

Super easy to read!
Read it in one day!
Love love love this book!

a unconditional love
What I know about the story is that Lia and Cassie are best friends and Wintergirls are frozen in fragile bodies, in a deadly contest to see if anyone can be the skinniest or the thinnest. But Cassie suffers her life and Lia is feeling guilty for not being able to save her. She now doesn't have a friend to talk with and with her doubt she get nothing.

love it!
I picked it up and finished it in one two hour sitting I LOVED it! It saved my life! I was on the road to anorexia...

I read half of this book in one night. I could not put it down, but I was very disturbed. The description in this book was outrageous like all of her books. I felt like I was in the mind of an anorexic and it freaked me out. If your not easily disturbed read it...truly amazing.

This is a great book! :D
This is a great book, it shows the struggle a teen can go through and how there is hope through every dark hour. Though this book can get a little confusing it is all and all a good read. Recommended ages 12 and up.

• Book Jacket: Speak No Evil