Reader reviews and comments on Random Acts of Heroic Love, plus links to write your own review.

Random Acts of Heroic Love

by Danny Scheinmann

Random Acts of Heroic Love by Danny Scheinmann

• Published:
    Jan 2009, 400 pages

Vy Armour

There is 1 reader review for Random Acts of Heroic Love

Power Reviewer PDXReader

Beautifully written novel in all respects
The chapters that follow Moritz Daniecki’s WWI exploits are marvelous historical fiction. They’re rich in detail without bogging down. His story is the more entertaining one, something like the story of Odysseus - without the gods and monsters (although some he met along the way were rather inhuman, now that I think about it). Less exciting but far more moving is Leo Deakin’s struggle with the death of his love. His pain and guilt are palpable, and his search for meaning feels incredibly real. The author does a fantastic job of balancing the two stories and weaving them together at the end. It’s a very well-written novel that took me through a whole range of emotions, and I enjoyed it tremendously.

The Hermit
    by Jennifer Finney Boylan

Win News of the World

The Weight of Ink
    by Rachel Kadish

An intellectual, suspenseful, and entertaining page-turner.

T's S I Numbers