Reader reviews and comments on Random Acts of Heroic Love, plus links to write your own review.

Random Acts of Heroic Love

by Danny Scheinmann

Random Acts of Heroic Love by Danny Scheinmann

• Published:
    Jan 2009, 400 pages

Vy Armour

There is 1 reader review for Random Acts of Heroic Love

Power Reviewer PDXReader (06/08/09)

Beautifully written novel in all respects
The chapters that follow Moritz Daniecki’s WWI exploits are marvelous historical fiction. They’re rich in detail without bogging down. His story is the more entertaining one, something like the story of Odysseus - without the gods and monsters (although some he met along the way were rather inhuman, now that I think about it). Less exciting but far more moving is Leo Deakin’s struggle with the death of his love. His pain and guilt are palpable, and his search for meaning feels incredibly real. The author does a fantastic job of balancing the two stories and weaving them together at the end. It’s a very well-written novel that took me through a whole range of emotions, and I enjoyed it tremendously.

Discover your next great read here

Ghachar Ghochar
    by Vivek Shanbhag
    The Bengaluru (aka Bangalore) that has dominated economic news headlines over the past decade is the...
  • Book Jacket: Caught in the Revolution

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library

O My D B