Reader reviews and comments on Hands of My Father, plus links to write your own review.

Hands of My Father

Feb 2009, 256 pages

Beth Hemke Shapiro

There is 1 reader review for Hands of My Father

Nancy

A boy's remarkable story of growing up with deaf parents
Myron talks about how having 2 deaf parents may have made his life harder, but he still shows how remarkable his parents were. His father held a steady job as a newspaper printer and loved his wife and sons fiercely. Myron may have been somewhat embarrassed by having to translate for his father, but he was proud of him too. The hardest thing for Myron was dealing with his brother's epilepsy. Because his parents couldn"t hear if his brother had a seizure in the middle of the night, Myron was left to deal with the brother's seizures. However, this book shows that people with handicaps can still make wonderful parents.

My Name Is Leon