Reader reviews and comments on Hands of My Father, plus links to write your own review.

Hands of My Father

Feb 2009, 256 pages

Beth Hemke Shapiro

There is 1 reader review for Hands of My Father

Nancy

A boy's remarkable story of growing up with deaf parents
Myron talks about how having 2 deaf parents may have made his life harder, but he still shows how remarkable his parents were. His father held a steady job as a newspaper printer and loved his wife and sons fiercely. Myron may have been somewhat embarrassed by having to translate for his father, but he was proud of him too. The hardest thing for Myron was dealing with his brother's epilepsy. Because his parents couldn"t hear if his brother had a seizure in the middle of the night, Myron was left to deal with the brother's seizures. However, this book shows that people with handicaps can still make wonderful parents.

Pachinko
    by Min Jin Lee
    Wolf Season
    by Helen Benedict
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci
    Leonardo da Vinci
    by Walter Isaacson

Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig

Eternal Life
    by Dara Horn

The award-winning author returns with an ingenious novel about what it would mean to live forever.

The Milk Lady of Bangalore
    by Shoba Narayan

A charming story about our deep connection to the animals who live among us.

Win Mothers of Sparta