Reader reviews and comments on Hands of My Father, plus links to write your own review.

Hands of My Father

Feb 2009, 256 pages

Beth Hemke Shapiro

There is 1 reader review for Hands of My Father

Nancy (12/11/10)

A boy's remarkable story of growing up with deaf parents
Myron talks about how having 2 deaf parents may have made his life harder, but he still shows how remarkable his parents were. His father held a steady job as a newspaper printer and loved his wife and sons fiercely. Myron may have been somewhat embarrassed by having to translate for his father, but he was proud of him too. The hardest thing for Myron was dealing with his brother's epilepsy. Because his parents couldn"t hear if his brother had a seizure in the middle of the night, Myron was left to deal with the brother's seizures. However, this book shows that people with handicaps can still make wonderful parents.

• Book Jacket: Pachinko
    Lincoln in the Bardo
    by George Saunders

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd rather have been talking

K Your F C