Reader reviews and comments on Eclipse, plus links to write your own review.

Eclipse by Richard North Patterson

Jan 2009, 384 pages
    Sep 2009, 560 pages

Donna Chavez

There is 1 reader review for Eclipse

Maren (01/27/09)

Compelling, Intelligent, Informative--Excellent
Always a Richard North Patterson fan, I never-the-less reached a new level of respect--and yes, awe--for the author after reading this powerful and disturbing novel about an African freedom fighter, Bobby Okari, caught between the corrupt forces of his own government and the world's continuing need for, and reliance on, oil. This is a serious book, filled with insights and information on the world of politics, diplomacy, the oil industry--and the tangled and the complex relationship between these three. It is set against a background of a small African nation whose lands and water sources have been ruined by the lack of environmental safeguards and indifference, whose livelihoods are now shattered by the same, and who have no voice except for the voice of Okari. The citizens live in perpetual fear of reprisals: beatings, rape and death.It is also a story of an American lawyer, Damon Pierce, who fights to free Okari, motivated not only by his love for justice and respect for his friend Okari, but by his love for Okari's wife. Patterson weaves a compelling story of friendship, courage, love, and fidelity, and shows how fragile existence can be, and how important it is to stay true to our beliefs and cherish those we love.This is a terrific novel--and a terrific education,too. Read it!

• Book Jacket: If We Were Villains

by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R