Reader reviews and comments on A Mercy, plus links to write your own review.

A Mercy

Amy Reading

There are currently 4 reader reviews for A Mercy

HS (03/26/11)

wow
One of the worst books I have ever read. I do not like her style of writing. its a very "beating around the bush" style of writing. 100 pages in and I still am not interested. I would pretty much pay someone NOT to read this book.
Michael (09/22/10)

Eh
I found this book to be wandering and vague. At times it could be gripping, but many of the attempts to be 'poetic' fell flat with me.
Amy (02/01/10)

Dull as Dirt
Maybe the most boring of all Morrison's books. I don't like the style of writing, but the plot is also very dry. Most of us don't know too much about Virginia in the late 1600's which would have helped. Not engaging at all.
Renee (01/15/09)

A Mercy
No one can cut through to the heart of America's dark past like Toni Morrison. The book's perspective floats between the characters creating a full, intricate picture of life when the lines were blurred between indentured servant and slave. People struggle to hold on to their humanity and independence living in the midst of a corrupt society bent on punishing those who stray.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Castle of Water
    by Mark Kurlansky
  • Book Jacket: Temporary People
    Temporary People
    by Deepak Unnikrishnan
    In this powerful and innovative collection of 28 short stories, Deepak Unnikrishnan presents a ...

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

If We Were Villains
    by M. L. Rio

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

At times, our own light goes out, and is rekindled by a spark from another person.

Y S M B, I'll S Y