Reader reviews and comments on A Mercy, plus links to write your own review.

A Mercy

Amy Reading

There are currently 4 reader reviews for A Mercy

Renee

A Mercy
No one can cut through to the heart of America's dark past like Toni Morrison. The book's perspective floats between the characters creating a full, intricate picture of life when the lines were blurred between indentured servant and slave. People struggle to hold on to their humanity and independence living in the midst of a corrupt society bent on punishing those who stray.
Michael

Eh
I found this book to be wandering and vague. At times it could be gripping, but many of the attempts to be 'poetic' fell flat with me.
HS

wow
One of the worst books I have ever read. I do not like her style of writing. its a very "beating around the bush" style of writing. 100 pages in and I still am not interested. I would pretty much pay someone NOT to read this book.
Amy

Dull as Dirt
Maybe the most boring of all Morrison's books. I don't like the style of writing, but the plot is also very dry. Most of us don't know too much about Virginia in the late 1600's which would have helped. Not engaging at all.

• Book Jacket: The Water Will Come
    The Water Will Come
    by Jeff Goodell
    Standing in a Manhattan neighborhood after Hurricane Sandy, Jeff Goodell, a contributing editor at ...
    Pachinko
    by Min Jin Lee
    Wolf Season
    by Helen Benedict
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...

Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig

Eternal Life
    by Dara Horn

The award-winning author returns with an ingenious novel about what it would mean to live forever.

The Days When Birds Come Back