Reader reviews and comments on The Given Day, plus links to write your own review.

The Given Day

Diane La Rue

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Given Day

Power Reviewer Lupoman

The Given Day
After finally finishing this book, I have to say that the author is very close to becoming one of my favorite authors. His writing draws one in, and there's no sleep until you're finished.
"The Given Day" is well written, and the characters have depth and are very much alive. I doubt that this story will ever make it to the big screen, but if it does, it won't do the book any justice.
SDC

Best Book of 2008
I've not read a historical novel this good since Ragtime. Lehane has a definite Doctorow feel to his writing - carefully intermingling uncommon characters - both real and imaginary - into a real page-turner. Highly recommended.
Power Reviewer Elizabeth

Not bad...have to have time to read :)
A little long, but great historical fiction. Story was about a family who had policemen in the family line and the Boston Police Strike took place during the book...murder too and some mysteries.

The Hermit
    by Jennifer Finney Boylan

Win News of the World

The Gypsy Moth Summer
    by Julia Fierro

One of the most anticipated books of 2017.

T's S I Numbers