Reader reviews and comments on Brooklyn Bridge, plus links to write your own review.

by Karen Hesse

Brooklyn Bridge by Karen Hesse X
Brooklyn Bridge by Karen Hesse

Sep 2008, 240 pages
    Sep 2008, 240 pages

Jo Perry

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Brooklyn Bridge

Laura tanton

Brooklyn Bridge at it's best!
Listened to "Brooklyn Bridge" on audiobook CDs with my 12 year-old son. Very well written, and the narrator was FABULOUS. Love that it is based on a historical theme (and would love to know if the entire story is historically accurate). Great read about the "birth" of the teddy bear & the story of the family behind it. Note: the audio book listed suggested age of audience as 5-9, which seems younger than appropriate (given vocabulary & story details). I enjoyed it immensely (at 50), as did my son.
So glad we found this audiobook at our library!!
Quin

Brooklyn Bridge
This was like the most inspiring book I have ever read, and I am the kind of person who reads 20 books a day and non of them inspire me this much. Definitely best book ever!3

Best Book Ever!!!!!
This is by far the most clever yet touching book I've read so far and I've read 914 books. A lot don't you think and I'm only 11. This book is about a 14 year old boy who's parents started making teddy bears and his sister makes her own library in the same store.

This book is touching yet real in every way. I would recommend reading his book if you haven't already read it. Remember its the BEST BOOK EVER!
Bella

A fine example of what historical fiction should be-deep, fun, and thought-provoking
I'm a ten year old girl who recently read this book. It was a deep, yet fun confection about growing up in the early 1900's, the time where New York was spilling with immigrants and Coney Island was at its prime. It prompted me to read online and ask relatives about the old Coney Island. Now especially, this book got me thinking because of the new Luna Park. I hope someday the old Coney Island feel will return and Coney Island will be restored. Because from what this book says, the old Coney Island was great fun.
Jamila Ouadghiri

Brooklyn Bridge
I am a very lucky reader because I am the first to read the book, Brooklyn Bridge by Karen Hesse, one of my favorite authors. This story teaches a person about the true meaning of how some people really live. The main character, Joseph Michtom, is always straightforward throughout the whole book. I use the word beautiful when describing the works of fiction because its a difficult term to justify. But this book is beautiful. Beautiful, weird, and real in a way that will touch you. If an author writes such a good book like this, while on a vacation, I urge every writer to take an extended vacation pronto!
Kimmy

An egaging book that makes you think.
I liked the book but found it hard to keep up with everything that happened. I was a good read but I would not have chosen it if it weren't for a Language Arts project.

• Book Jacket: I Found My Tribe

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes