Reader reviews and comments on Wesley the Owl, plus links to write your own review.

Wesley the Owl

Jo Perry

There are currently 14 reader reviews for Wesley the Owl

Tony c

Way of the owl
An excellent and entertaining read. A remarkable story of bonding between a wild animal and a human. The intelligence of the owl. I feel humans still lack the knowledge of how other species act and think. I feel sometimes the humans are the less intelligent.
Sylvia Edwards

Wesley the Owl
Stacey O'Brien, author, in my opinion, wrote an awesome story. It's the story of a Biologist and the barn owl she adopts when he is 4 days old. Stacy and Wesley have a 19 year relationship. They live together in her home, sleep together, communicate. Teach each other so much. I hated for the story to end. I recommend this book. It's a great book and I will read again.
Linda Freedman

wesley the owl
This was a very interesting book and I loved the owl. I felt like he was right next to me as I was reading this book. I could relate to Stacey as we have a talking Mynah bird as a pet. He learns a lot from us and is teaching us new things every day. I definitely recommend this book to all readers and I hope that they enjoy it as much as I did. Hopefully I would like to meet the author some day to share our ideas about the human/animal bond that we have in common. Thank you Stacey. Much aloha to you....
Sharon

A book not to be forgotten
This book engulfed me. I laughed, I cried, and I would talk about it to everyone I encountered for weeks afterwards. Over a year later, I made it my book club selection as I found the book so memorable and refreshing from the numerous others I had read. It's educational and thoroughly entertaining.... heart warming as well! I have recommended it to all my friends. If you even liked Marley and Me a little bit, I believe you will love this book!
Joni

I loved Wesley the Owl!
I read this book in two days and found it so refreshing. Although you will learn a great deal about barn owls by reading it, the book is not just for animal lovers. I think the book addresses the joys and hardships of life and how love will get you through. It is not corny or sappy and it does not talk down to you about scientific matters. She speaks using her own voice and teaches you while also telling the fascinating story of her life. It is also about dedication and how rewarding it is to see a promise through. I can't say enough about this book and I think it would be great for preteens and teenagers too. It moved me.
T Botkin

Bird Love or Love Bird
As a bird enthusiast and owner, I fell in love with the book. I will purchase as many copies as I have friends and family. I know that they will laugh out loud as I did especially because I have a Love bird that has endured numerous incidents through the last 16 years. I can relate to Stacie because I know too that the day will come when he's gone. I took my time reading the book. I did not want it to end because the end was inevitable. I sobbed and sobbed. At 1am, I got up, took Elvis the love bird out of his cage and snuggled and slept with him in the recliner. I realized that although I have done all I can do that I will still have the same feelings of guilt when he passes. Stacie inspired me to write a journal! God Bless you Stacie where ever you are. If ever in Texas, I would love to meet and trade bird tales.
Casha Goodwin

Not Just for the Bird Lover
This is a unique, remarkable and well told story. I am an animal lover however never developed an affinity for birds. This book touched my heart and soul. I immediately went out and bought a bird feeder when I finished the book! A great read.
Darlene Berry Lauth

if you have a bird, you must read this book!
I have always loved birds and own three at present. However, this book is priceless because the author is a scientist. She is excruciatingly thorough in describing Wesley, and somehow links it all to life itself and the grand scheme of things. Read it, and share it!

Helping Injured Birds

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: We Are Not Free
    We Are Not Free
    by Traci Chee
    Author Traci Chee is best known for her young adult fantasy trilogy, The Reader series. We Are Not ...
  • Book Jacket: The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    by Jennifer Hofmann
    The title of Jennifer Hofmann's perceptive debut novel with its bureaucratese strongly suggests a ...
  • Book Jacket: His Only Wife
    His Only Wife
    by Peace Adzo Medie
    21-year-old Afi is a talented Ghanaian seamstress eager to study fashion design, but her life is ...
  • Book Jacket: We Have Been Harmonized
    We Have Been Harmonized
    by Kai Strittmatter
    You'd be forgiven if, while reading We Have Been Harmonized, you momentarily mistook it for a ...

Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke

A new novel from the NY Times bestselling author of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

Find Me
by André Aciman

The author of the worldwide bestseller Call Me by Your Name revisits its complex and beguiling characters.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C