What readers think of Tethered, plus links to write your own review.

by Amy Mackinnon

Donna Chavez

There are currently 21 reader reviews for Tethered

s.e.f.king

tethered
I started this book two days ago, and the housework is building up. I've come on line in the hope of finding that the Author has published another book as mesmerizing as this cold, sometimes cruel, spiritually uplifting journey. The story is so good I can't wait to finish it while hoping it will go on for a little while yet!
Dakayla

I Love Amy MacKinnon!
Amy Mackinnon rules!!! This book is amazing and deep. Amy is smart,funny, and very caring person!This book is the best book ever written!!!! If I had a say what to read between a well experienced writer or Amy MacKinnon, I would choose this! Amy I can't wait for your next book!!!!
Jeanne

Tethered
This book grabbed me from the very beginning. All of the characters were real, filled with their own unique hopes and flaws. Every part of Clara's life is written thoroughly and believably. It is the characters that stand out in this book, more than the mystery itself, right through to the satisfying ending.
Patricia

Tethered
One of the most amazing books I have ever read. Not a true mystery in the ordinary sense of the experience but a book I read from cover to cover in one sitting. The writing is so vivid and intense that it is difficult not to be emotionally moved by the story.

The story is a not the common theme where the mystery is inevitably solved and the bad guys receive their due. The setting is unusual while there is an intimacy with the main character explored in such extraordinary richness that like Clara, the reader must breathe (one-two-three).

Not for everyone but for those who wish to experience an amazing and extraordinary few hours.
Lynda

Love, Beauty, Salvation from a very unlikely setting.
Ms. MacKinnon's narrator and main character, Clara, is most comfortable with the corpses that she lovingly prepares for burial. She has no friends, other than the undertaker with whom she works - and her flowers, which seem to blossom miraculously for Clara.

Being immersed in Clara's thoughts is learning how an extremely depressed and lonely young woman thinks. Yet, a glimmer of hope lies beneath the Gothic setting and compelled this reader to devour this mystery.

The characters are real and complete. The settings are vivid, though mostly seen through shadows and mist. The reader wants to help Clara solve this dark mystery and bloom as a fulfilled woman, like her garden.
Angela

Well Done
I really enjoyed this book. Once I started reading, I did not want to put it down. It's part drama, suspense, a bit of action, and quite entertaining. It comes with a flawed, yet independent leading lady, a tortured and devoted cop and all the characters are layered so that your first impression may not be your last. This book would certainly appeal to anyone interested in crime stories, female leads or an easy read. A bit reminiscent of The Lovely Bones.
Gail

Tethered
I really enjoyed this book by Amy Mackinnnon, it was exciting, thought provoking, sad, happy and a good page turner. It held my interest until the end.

However, I did not like the ending, unless there will be a Tethered II.

I look forward to Mackinnon's next book
Shirley

Hauntingly Beautiful Murder Mystery
Tethered is a haunting, beautifully written murder mystery Clara, our undertaker narrator, never flinches in her descriptions of death and the agony of life lived unloved. She leads the reader straight down the razor sharp line between life and death. A great book club selection, with lots of opinions and viewpoints to discuss.

Post-Life Environmentalism

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Chasing Me to My Grave
    Chasing Me to My Grave
    by Winfred Rembert
    Chasing Me to My Grave might be the most authentic, vulnerable autobiography you'll ever read. ...
  • Book Jacket: My Monticello
    My Monticello
    by Jocelyn Nicole Johnson
    In the incendiary opening story of My Monticello, Jocelyn Nicole Johnson's debut collection, a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wrong End of the Telescope
    The Wrong End of the Telescope
    by Rabih Alameddine
    Rabih Alameddine's The Wrong End of the Telescope follows Mina, a Lebanese American doctor who ...
  • Book Jacket: Lightning Strike
    Lightning Strike
    by William Kent Krueger
    It is the summer of 1963 in Tamarack County, Minnesota. Just outside the small town of Aurora, ...

When Two Feathers Fell from the Sky
by Margaret Verble
A deliciously strange and daringly original novel from Pulitzer Prize finalist Margaret Verble.

Flesh & Blood
    by N. West Moss

This beautifully written memoir offers insight, understanding, and joy.

Sisters of the Great War
    by Suzanne Feldman

A powerful novel of two unconventional American sisters who volunteer at the front during World War I.

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign...

Y A B Up T W T