Reader reviews and comments on December, plus links to write your own review.

December by Elizabeth Hartley Winthrop

Jun 2008, 256 pages
    Jul 2009, 256 pages

Sarah Sacha Dollacker

There is 1 reader review for December

Joyce

Worth reading
I read the book excerpt on BrookBrowse and when I went to my local library, there it was on the new books rack. I was excited to be the first to check it out of the library. I pretty much read this straight through. The story told through the eyes of the daughter is mesmerizing, I even thought about what it would be like being mute myself as a protest against the stress and pressure of life. The ending was a bit predictable but all in all I'd say give a few days of your time, its worth reading.

• Book Jacket: Golden Hill
    Golden Hill
    by Francis Spufford
  • Book Jacket: Midnight at the Electric
    Midnight at the Electric
    by Jodi Lynn Anderson
    The world changes, but humanity stays the same. Whether a book takes place in the year 1510 or 2010,...
    by Paulette Jiles
    Paulette Jiles brings the landscape of late 19th century Texas to life in this novel long-listed for...

Win The Library of Light and Shadow

The Library of Light and Shadow by M.J. Rose

The Almost Sisters

A powerful, emotionally resonant novel of the South.

T H Are B T O