Reader reviews and comments on Going Home, plus links to write your own review.

Going Home

Jesus and Buddha as Brothers

by Thich Nhat Hanh

Going Home by Thich Nhat Hanh

Sep 1999, 240 pages
    Oct 2000, 224 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Going Home

Persephone Adams (11/17/04)

Thich Nhat Hanh is a truly gifted and kind hearted man. I enjoy any book that has the ability to connect people. Eastern and Western views may be stated differently but many of the concepts are quite similar. Hanh sheds light on the beauty of buddhism and his expressive metaphors are vivid as well as concise. It is unfortunate that so many people feel seperated by religion. Thich Nhat Hanh covers the topic of oneness with a grace I have rarely seen elswhere. This book aided me in connecting with my mother again. She comes from a strictly Christian background and was unwilling to accept my studies in world religions as well as my dedication to an Eastern path. We became distant because she did not understand Buddhism, viewing it as foreign prehistoric liberal nonsense. I gave her this book in the hopes that she would begin to accept me. She came to me smiling, and suddenly in her eyes we weren't so distant. We were no longer seperated by some imaginary line set by religion. I would like to thank Zen Master Hanh and all those who put in to practice any act of kindness and mindfulness. I am 19 years old
Gavin Beeker (04/10/03)

Thich Nhat Hanh is a beautiful author, writing in almost poetry. Sure, Christianity and Buddhism are very different. But as Thich points out so well in his book, as human beings, Christianity and Buddhism both have beautiful, fulfilling messages that anyone can benefit from, without being a member of the religion. This book is well worth the read.
Brian Nguyen (09/06/02)

This is the worst book I've read ever in my entire life. The author is just a big liar about what he wrote.

It wastes your time and spoils your mind if you read his book.

Discover your next great read here

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves

Y S M B, I'll S Y