MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on An Incomplete Revenge, plus links to write your own review.

A Maisie Dobbs Novel

by Jacqueline Winspear

Feb 2008, 320 pages
    Nov 2008, 352 pages

Kathy Pierson

There are currently 19 reader reviews for An Incomplete Revenge

Linda (03/03/08)

An Incomplete Revenge
The English countryside is anything but tranquil in Jacqueline Windspear's latest novel. Maisie Dobbs is asked to look into the rash of thefts and suspicious fires plaguing the village of Heronsdene in Kent.

During the war this village was the site of a Zeppelin raid and death of the village baker and his family. Maisie is perplexed when residents are reluctant to discuss this event. They are all to ready to shift the focus to Londoners and Gypsies in the area for the hop harvest.

Rich historical detail and beautifully descriptive language capture the time and paint a vivid picture of the English landscape. As Maisie untangles the web of deception, her own story arc continues to evolve. Maisie Dobbs is a memorable character and the series gets stronger with each new entry.
Sally (03/03/08)

Another page-turner by Jacqueline Winspear
Will Maise Dobbs ever escape the claws of her memories of "The Great War" and find true love? It appears that she's gaining ground in this page turner. Jacqueline Winspear imbues her fiery mystery with tales of the English countryside in the post World War I era and kept me guessing until the end.
Elizabeth (03/03/08)

A
This was a real treat for the Maisie Dobbs fan! As with Jacqueline Winspear's past Maisie books, the story was clever and the period details convincing. The storyline kept me guessing for a good portion of the book and was chilling as it took shape. It has several themes that would be interesting for bookclubs to discuss. I'd definitely recommend this book.

The Roma People in Britain

• Book Jacket: Everybody's Fool
    Everybody's Fool
    by Richard Russo
    Written from multiple viewpoints, Everybody's Fool features an ensemble cast of inhabitants ...
  • Book Jacket: The Strings of Murder
    The Strings of Murder
    by Oscar de Muriel
    As Jack the Ripper eludes the police at Scotland Yard in London and all efforts to catch the most ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Was Your Girl
    If I Was Your Girl
    by Meredith Russo
    Who defines us? Do we ourselves, or does the society in which we live? Meredith Russo's ...

The Life of the World to Come
    by Dan Cluchey

Smart, sad and crackling with wit, a book about love, life and what happens after.

A Certain Age
    by Beatriz Williams

The Roaring Twenties comes to life in this tale of intrigue, romance, and scandal.

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

C To T Q