Reader reviews and comments on An Incomplete Revenge, plus links to write your own review.

An Incomplete Revenge

Kathy Pierson

There are currently 19 reader reviews for An Incomplete Revenge

Linda (03/03/08)

An Incomplete Revenge
The English countryside is anything but tranquil in Jacqueline Windspear's latest novel. Maisie Dobbs is asked to look into the rash of thefts and suspicious fires plaguing the village of Heronsdene in Kent.

During the war this village was the site of a Zeppelin raid and death of the village baker and his family. Maisie is perplexed when residents are reluctant to discuss this event. They are all to ready to shift the focus to Londoners and Gypsies in the area for the hop harvest.

Rich historical detail and beautifully descriptive language capture the time and paint a vivid picture of the English landscape. As Maisie untangles the web of deception, her own story arc continues to evolve. Maisie Dobbs is a memorable character and the series gets stronger with each new entry.
Sally (03/03/08)

Another page-turner by Jacqueline Winspear
Will Maise Dobbs ever escape the claws of her memories of "The Great War" and find true love? It appears that she's gaining ground in this page turner. Jacqueline Winspear imbues her fiery mystery with tales of the English countryside in the post World War I era and kept me guessing until the end.
Elizabeth (03/03/08)

A
This was a real treat for the Maisie Dobbs fan! As with Jacqueline Winspear's past Maisie books, the story was clever and the period details convincing. The storyline kept me guessing for a good portion of the book and was chilling as it took shape. It has several themes that would be interesting for bookclubs to discuss. I'd definitely recommend this book.

The Roma People in Britain

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Read the best books first...

O My D B