Reader reviews and comments on Gentlemen of the Road, plus links to write your own review.

Gentlemen of the Road

Sep 2008, 224 pages

Amy Reading

There is 1 reader review for Gentlemen of the Road

Jeanne W

Can it be good if I didn't like it?
Well-written, unusual theme, humor, engaging characters but it did nothing for me. I think there's a core audience for this type of book but it's not me. It might appeal to short-story enthusiasts as each chapter seems to be a story unto itself. If you like ancient history and/or swashbuckling adventure you will probably like this book.

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Rules of Magic

Win up to 12 copies for you & your book club!

The spellbinding prequel to Alice Hoffman's bestselling Practical Magic.

M T G Before I S