Reader reviews and comments on An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England, plus links to write your own review.

An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England

by Brock Clarke

An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England

Sep 2007, 305 pages
    Sep 2008, 305 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England

Power Reviewer Melissa (04/30/08)

Book worth reading, not burning!
Great book with statements about book burning/banning - can books bring out the evil in people? Can we blame them for such?
Book also made statements about truth and lies - is it better to live a lie than the truth?

While I found some of the author's statements to be profound, they were told in such an interesting story that it didn't come across as a preachy book, but instead a great tale that had you thinking long after the tale was over.
GPL (11/13/07)

An Arsonists Guide to Writer's Homes in New England
This book was a delightful surprise. The story was unusual, irreverant, sad and amusing, all at the same time.
The main character, who accidentally burns down a famous writer's house (while a docent and her husband were in the writer's bed), moves from one absurd situation to another.
I enjoyed this book, and the author's style.

• Book Jacket: I Contain Multitudes
    My Name Is Leon
    by Kit De Waal

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Circling the Sun
by Paula McLain

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review