Reader reviews and comments on Shadow of the Silk Road, plus links to write your own review.

Shadow of the Silk Road

Jul 2008, 400 pages

There is 1 reader review for Shadow of the Silk Road

Mary

Like great writing?
I'm not recommending this for my book club because it's not very "discussable": I'm not recommending it to most of my busy friends because it demands an ambling read. I'm not talking about it with family because the subject matter is is far from today's urgent topics. And yet, for more time than 350 pages usually requires of me, I have been completely mesmerized. Thubron paints people and places - old men, children, hills and valleys, rivers and skies, each with unique descriptive skill, and brings me with him to a China I will never see. We are blessed with so many "good" books out there; it has been many years since I have been blessed with such wondrous writing.

• Book Jacket: The Last Mrs. Parrish
    by Alison McGhee
  • Book Jacket: Solar Bones
    Solar Bones
    by Mike McCormack
    Written in a poetic, line-breaking style, Mike McCormack's Solar Bones reads with a breathless ...

If the Creek Don't Rise by Leah Weiss

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Strangers in Budapest
    by Jessica Keener

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

E Dog H I D