Reader reviews and comments on Shadow of the Silk Road, plus links to write your own review.

Shadow of the Silk Road

by Colin Thubron

Shadow of the Silk Road by Colin Thubron

Jul 2007, 363 pages
    Jul 2008, 400 pages

There is 1 reader review for Shadow of the Silk Road

Mary

Like great writing?
I'm not recommending this for my book club because it's not very "discussable": I'm not recommending it to most of my busy friends because it demands an ambling read. I'm not talking about it with family because the subject matter is is far from today's urgent topics. And yet, for more time than 350 pages usually requires of me, I have been completely mesmerized. Thubron paints people and places - old men, children, hills and valleys, rivers and skies, each with unique descriptive skill, and brings me with him to a China I will never see. We are blessed with so many "good" books out there; it has been many years since I have been blessed with such wondrous writing.

• Book Jacket: Midwinter Break

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by Jamie Ford

Win If the Creek Don't Rise

If the Creek Don't Rise

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Y Can't M A S P O O A S E