Reader reviews and comments on Shadow of the Silk Road, plus links to write your own review.

Shadow of the Silk Road

Jul 2008, 400 pages

There is 1 reader review for Shadow of the Silk Road

Mary

Like great writing?
I'm not recommending this for my book club because it's not very "discussable": I'm not recommending it to most of my busy friends because it demands an ambling read. I'm not talking about it with family because the subject matter is is far from today's urgent topics. And yet, for more time than 350 pages usually requires of me, I have been completely mesmerized. Thubron paints people and places - old men, children, hills and valleys, rivers and skies, each with unique descriptive skill, and brings me with him to a China I will never see. We are blessed with so many "good" books out there; it has been many years since I have been blessed with such wondrous writing.

• Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci
    by Chloe Benjamin
  • Book Jacket: The Kites
    The Kites
    by Romain Gary, Miranda Richmond Mouillot
    Published by New Directions for the first time in English, Romain Gary's The Kites tells a story of ...
  • Book Jacket: The Kites
    The Kites
    by Romain Gary, Miranda Richmond Mouillot

Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig

The Days When Birds Come Back
    by Deborah Reed

Win The Driest Season

Win One of 50 Copies of This Exceptional Debut!

A deeply affecting story of loss, heartache, and—finally—hope.

A J O A Thousand M B W O S