Reader reviews and comments on Bloodletting & Miraculous Cures, plus links to write your own review.

Bloodletting & Miraculous Cures

Sep 2008, 362 pages

There is 1 reader review for Bloodletting & Miraculous Cures

Julie (10/17/08)

Riveting Read!
What an outstanding book! I absolutely loved this multi-faceted story about four medical students, following them from their first years in medical school, then as they moved on to their internships, and finally as full-fledged doctors.

Each character's personality and growth as doctors, and as people, were smoothly crafted by the author.

Also woven into the book were small snippets of experiences of each of these characters throughout their journey as doctors; each one riveting and fascinating.

This author finely intertwined the lives of each character with the other, and in doing so, told a story about individuality, the pursuit of excellence, the desire to make a difference in the world, and the fragility and ultimate mortality of human life.

Dr. Vincent Lam

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

The dirtiest book of all is the expurgated book

O My D B