Reader reviews and comments on Heart in the Right Place, plus links to write your own review.

Heart in the Right Place

May 2007, 304 pages
    Aug 2008, 304 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Heart in the Right Place

Louise J

A Most Delicious Memoir!!
This was a beautiful, serene, relaxing memoir and I absolutely adored this story! The characters are real and endearing, each of them carving out a special place in your heart. And what a gorgeous name of this town “Strawberry Plains”, how delicious is that?

Carolyn Jourdan has written with such vividness that it was an easy slip into the pages to walk amongst the words and feel them, snuggle into them and experience the Great Smoky Mountain area just like the generations of family who have resided there for years and years. Jourdan mentioned penning a sequel to Heart in the Right Place and I certainly hope she continues with it and sees it through to completion. I’ll be first in line to pick it up. I would highly, highly recommend this beautifully written memoir for all ages. This is the type of memoir that will stick with me forever.
S. E. Shorbe

Heart in the Right Place
Being from East Tennessee and having worked in a physicians office I really enjoyed Ms. Jourdan's book. It describes the heart of the people and location right on the mark. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and read it almost all the way through without stopping. I will read it again. My son wants a copy too. Good luck to Ms. Jourdan and I hope she writes another one.
deb y

When I read the first chapter of this book on DearReader.Com, I thought it might be a chick lit book I would enjoy - I think I am too old for most of them :) However, to my surprise and definite enjoyment, when I got it from my library, it was a memoir, which I almost always enjoy. I read Heart in the Right Place in one evening and truly did laugh out loud. Being from WV, it sounded just like home :) Please do yourselves a favor and read this book!!!

• Book Jacket: Only Child