Reader reviews and comments on Out Stealing Horses, plus links to write your own review.

Out Stealing Horses

Apr 2008, 256 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Out Stealing Horses

Teresa

Poignant and private
A private look into a private life. A glimpse into real life events in the life of a man that shapes him forever. Softly spoken, non-assuming and blames no one.

I couldn't put the book down yet the ending was not one I would have chosen nor written. I'm sure it was literary and poignant on many accounts, I just did not like the ending. It disappointed me. It was gentle, telling and fitting. It saddened me I read the whole book to find this ending. But definitely worth the read and you will find yourself pondering it for days
Penny

Life follows everyone...
Petterson weaves a tale of the past and the present. Of love, pain, frailty and family - of things that made the man Trond became and the memories of the past he wants to reconcile with in his soul. The translation is beautiful as is the story itself.
John Byrne

Out Stealing Horses
How a boy grows up.

The story switches between the different critical times of the man's life - and involves the people who were instrumental in it.

I could not put the book down. The more involved his life became - the more intrigued I became.

Not perfect - not pure, His life was real.

• Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...
  • Book Jacket: Picture Us In The Light
    Picture Us In The Light
    by Kelly Loy Gilbert
    Kelly Loy Gilbert presents a beautiful narrative with myriad intertwined plotlines that explores the...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Eternal Life
    by Dara Horn

The award-winning author returns with an ingenious novel about what it would mean to live forever.

Win The Comedown