MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on A Thousand Splendid Suns, plus links to write your own review.

by Khaled Hosseini

May 2007, 384 pages
    Nov 2008, 384 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for A Thousand Splendid Suns

Cherie (09/10/07)

Great story
Wow! This is a great story that I plan on reading again. The Prose is amazing as sentences cause one to gasp. I plan on buying copies for my daughters.
Irene (07/10/07)

A Thousand Splendid Suns
The writing is superb, so much so that I dread the thought of not finding another book to read that can come close to this one.

I read The Kite Runner first and loved it. I did not think it could be surpassed, but this book does.

I can feel the author's love of Afganistan and weep with the women characters whose lives are tormented by unjust and ancient customs.

A must read.
Nancy (06/23/07)

Mr. Hosseini overwhelms me
I could hardly wait for this book to come out, but the wait was well worth it. I cannot believe the depths this man can reach in this heart-breaking, totally absorbing and uplifting story of two entirely different women, who find a "connection" that can make the spirit soar. At times I almost lost my breath because of his poetic and powerful usage of description of pain, joy, loss, conflict, horrors of human behavior, possibility of hope, and endurance. What gifts Mr. Hosseini has given all of us: The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. I give him a thousand thank you's.
Maureen (06/12/07)

A Thousand Splendid Suns
This is probably one of the best books I have ever read. I loved the characters and story and was amazed at what Afghanistan women have lived with. I didn't think Khaled Hosseini could surpass The Kite Runner, but he has with this book. It is amazing. I highly recommend it.

• Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...
  • Book Jacket: The Loney
    The Loney
    by Andrew Hurley
    Landscape can be a writer's best friend. Whether it's the mountains of England's lake...
  • Book Jacket: The Mirror Thief
    The Mirror Thief
    by Martin Seay
    It is easy to see why Martin Seay's debut novel, The Mirror Thief, has been compared to David ...

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun