Reader reviews and comments on A Thousand Splendid Suns, plus links to write your own review.

by Khaled Hosseini

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini X
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

May 2007, 384 pages
    Nov 2008, 384 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for A Thousand Splendid Suns

Cherie (09/10/07)

Great story
Wow! This is a great story that I plan on reading again. The Prose is amazing as sentences cause one to gasp. I plan on buying copies for my daughters.
Irene (07/10/07)

A Thousand Splendid Suns
The writing is superb, so much so that I dread the thought of not finding another book to read that can come close to this one.

I read The Kite Runner first and loved it. I did not think it could be surpassed, but this book does.

I can feel the author's love of Afganistan and weep with the women characters whose lives are tormented by unjust and ancient customs.

A must read.
Nancy (06/23/07)

Mr. Hosseini overwhelms me
I could hardly wait for this book to come out, but the wait was well worth it. I cannot believe the depths this man can reach in this heart-breaking, totally absorbing and uplifting story of two entirely different women, who find a "connection" that can make the spirit soar. At times I almost lost my breath because of his poetic and powerful usage of description of pain, joy, loss, conflict, horrors of human behavior, possibility of hope, and endurance. What gifts Mr. Hosseini has given all of us: The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. I give him a thousand thank you's.
Maureen (06/12/07)

A Thousand Splendid Suns
This is probably one of the best books I have ever read. I loved the characters and story and was amazed at what Afghanistan women have lived with. I didn't think Khaled Hosseini could surpass The Kite Runner, but he has with this book. It is amazing. I highly recommend it.

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers