MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on A Thousand Splendid Suns, plus links to write your own review.

by Khaled Hosseini

May 2007, 384 pages
    Nov 2008, 384 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for A Thousand Splendid Suns

Cherie (09/10/07)

Great story
Wow! This is a great story that I plan on reading again. The Prose is amazing as sentences cause one to gasp. I plan on buying copies for my daughters.
Irene (07/10/07)

A Thousand Splendid Suns
The writing is superb, so much so that I dread the thought of not finding another book to read that can come close to this one.

I read The Kite Runner first and loved it. I did not think it could be surpassed, but this book does.

I can feel the author's love of Afganistan and weep with the women characters whose lives are tormented by unjust and ancient customs.

A must read.
Nancy (06/23/07)

Mr. Hosseini overwhelms me
I could hardly wait for this book to come out, but the wait was well worth it. I cannot believe the depths this man can reach in this heart-breaking, totally absorbing and uplifting story of two entirely different women, who find a "connection" that can make the spirit soar. At times I almost lost my breath because of his poetic and powerful usage of description of pain, joy, loss, conflict, horrors of human behavior, possibility of hope, and endurance. What gifts Mr. Hosseini has given all of us: The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. I give him a thousand thank you's.
Maureen (06/12/07)

A Thousand Splendid Suns
This is probably one of the best books I have ever read. I loved the characters and story and was amazed at what Afghanistan women have lived with. I didn't think Khaled Hosseini could surpass The Kite Runner, but he has with this book. It is amazing. I highly recommend it.

• Book Jacket: Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    by Chris Cleave
    I've always been interested in the history of the Blitz, the period of intense aerial raids of ...
  • Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
  • Book Jacket: All Tomorrow's Parties
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

Spinster
by Kate Bolick

A bold, original, moving book that will inspire fanatical devotion and ignite debate.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

I I A Sign O T T