MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on A Thousand Splendid Suns, plus links to write your own review.

by Khaled Hosseini

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini X
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

May 2007, 384 pages
    Nov 2008, 384 pages

There are currently 12 reader reviews for A Thousand Splendid Suns

Irene

A Thousand Splendid Suns
The writing is superb, so much so that I dread the thought of not finding another book to read that can come close to this one.

I read The Kite Runner first and loved it. I did not think it could be surpassed, but this book does.

I can feel the author's love of Afganistan and weep with the women characters whose lives are tormented by unjust and ancient customs.

A must read.
Nancy

Mr. Hosseini overwhelms me
I could hardly wait for this book to come out, but the wait was well worth it. I cannot believe the depths this man can reach in this heart-breaking, totally absorbing and uplifting story of two entirely different women, who find a "connection" that can make the spirit soar. At times I almost lost my breath because of his poetic and powerful usage of description of pain, joy, loss, conflict, horrors of human behavior, possibility of hope, and endurance. What gifts Mr. Hosseini has given all of us: The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. I give him a thousand thank you's.
Maureen

A Thousand Splendid Suns
This is probably one of the best books I have ever read. I loved the characters and story and was amazed at what Afghanistan women have lived with. I didn't think Khaled Hosseini could surpass The Kite Runner, but he has with this book. It is amazing. I highly recommend it.
Ceid O'Hara

A Thousand Splendid Poos...
This book, in my opinion, was an utter disgrace to the Afghani society. Women there have been treated fairly for the past 1000 years.

As I am a pure blooded, traditional Afghani male, I believe in the good intentions of Allah, and his demi gods. Stuff you all.

A Short History of Afghanistan

• Book Jacket: The Kindness of Strangers
    The Kindness of Strangers
    by Michael E. McCullough
    "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Everyone, at some point in their life, has ...
  • Book Jacket: Hamnet
    Hamnet
    by Maggie O'Farrell
    William Shakespeare's name is never used in Hamnet — a conspicuous absence around which Maggie...
  • Book Jacket: After the Last Border
    After the Last Border
    by Jessica Goudeau
    According to the United Nations Refugee Agency, the number of displaced people around the world is ...
  • Book Jacket: Crossings
    Crossings
    by Alex Landragin
    Crossings is a beautiful, if slightly messy, time-bending debut. It reads like a vampire novel, sans...

Migrations
    by Charlotte McConaghy

An instant bestseller set on the brink of catastrophe, for readers of Flight Behavior and Station Eleven.

With or Without You
    by Caroline Leavitt

A moving novel about twists of fate, the shifting terrain of love, and coming into your own.

Every Bone a Prayer
by Ashley Blooms

The the story of one tough-as-nails girl whose choices are few but whose fight is boundless.

Win Every Bone a Prayer

Every Bone a Prayer
by Ashley Blooms

A beautifully honest exploration of healing and of hope.

T Real M