Reader reviews and comments on Einstein, plus links to write your own review.

Einstein

May 2008, 704 pages

There is 1 reader review for Einstein

Fred Landis

Science and nationalism
The realities of war,nationality,and religion are almost ignored in previous biographies of Einstein.This is the first to make clear that if Neils Bohr had not been Danish he would not have had access to research from both the British and German
Universities.The same is true of Einstein. Had he not been seen as a Swiss Jew by the British and a German Jew by the Germans he would not have had access. So in this sense both Bohr and Einstein were fairly unique. Eddington had no idea what Strassman or Lise Meitner were up to.The British took great measures to isolate their secrets from the Germans.
The book also reminds us that back then the British determined what was science and what was news. It was a British team that proved the bending of light by gravity,a British scientific body that endorsed the results and the British press that made Einstein more famous than Chaplin.

• Book Jacket: A Death of No Importance
    A Death of No Importance
    by Mariah Fredericks
    Bringing the reader deep into the intrigue and privilege of the most elite boudoirs, A Death of No ...
  • Book Jacket: The Overstory
    by Ruth Fitzmaurice

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya & Elizabeth Weil

A riveting story of survival, and the power of stories to save us.

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes