Reader reviews and comments on Under The Tuscan Sun, plus links to write your own review.

Under The Tuscan Sun

Oct 1997, 255 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for Under The Tuscan Sun

Ewesfulewe (04/01/12)

Very pleasant read.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. No, it does not have a plot, and it does not have exciting, sweep you off of your feet type moments. If that is what you are seeking, keep looking. What is does have is an American's view of another country and some of the delights and headaches of life, anywhere. Any one who has owned an old house can understand what the author is going through and why she persisted. Take it for what it is and not for what it isn't and just enjoy the trip.
Tom orlando (11/18/08)

Under the Tuscan Sun
Tedious. For people who have never traveled. The movie is much better but it has nothing to do with the book except the name.
amye (01/24/07)

SO BORiNG!
I am not a reader but when it is good I love to read. And Under The Tuscan Sun sucked! Like someone already said it is hardly Italian and way more American. I am half Italian and I know how things go.. and this lady had no plot what so ever!
Carwin (09/13/04)

As I read, I was transported to the warm balcony, overlooking the ancient, lusch, Tuscan country side. It did what a great book is supposed to do. Transport you.
Barbara from Poland (07/19/04)

It's truth , this book smeel like a wine and tomato , my favorite ...
And I say "NA ZDROWIE" :-)
basia_sm@interia.pl
Jewels (05/12/04)

Cortona, Tuscany, was a tranquil spot before Frances Mayes arrived there.
Her pizza recipe in her book "Under The Tuscan Sun" is tasteless and so unlike Italian cuisine.
How typical of an American to ruin it all.
Too bad that the 298 pages could have been condensed to maximum of 50.
Molly (03/04/04)

I LOVED this book. I love it because I love the way she changes through her life as she changes and improves the house. I'm fifteen and it is very hard for me to find a book that will fill my mature and intellectual needs and Under The Tuscan Sun does that. Thanks Frances!
Laurel (10/26/03)

I thought this book was good if you did not want something exciting. It was pleasant and wonderful for light reading. I thought it was a great a great book overall. I wish It wouldn't have ended! I can't wait to go get the sequel. It was one of those books that when you get into them you love them!

• Book Jacket: The Leavers
    The Leavers
    by Lisa Ko

The day before Deming Guo saw his mother for the last time, she surprised him at school. A navy ...

• Book Jacket: Wonderful Feels Like This
    Wonderful Feels Like This
    by Sara Lovestam
  • Book Jacket: Blue Light Yokohama
    Blue Light Yokohama
    by Nicolas Obregon
    Blue Light Yokohama, Nicolás Obregón's crime fiction debut, takes place in an exotic ...

The Book of Summer
    by Michelle Gable

The bestselling author of The Paris Apartment, Michelle Gable now transports readers to Nantucket.

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R