What readers think of The New Policeman, plus links to write your own review.

The New Policeman

Apr 2008, 416 pages

There is 1 reader review for The New Policeman

Velma

Time and Magic
I just finished The New Policeman and it really proved how valuable Bookbrowse is to me. I would probably never have come across this charming and magical book without Davina since it isn't offered in the local bookstore and I have seen no other reviews on it.
It is an enchanting story of how and where time from our world has disappeared. If you can I would recommend that you check out the Recorded Books audio version since in addition to the entire unabridged text it features an Irish narrator and music of the Irish flute and fiddle at the beginning of every chapter. I loved it! Truly atmospheric and a real treat for the entire family. I know because I am well past the "kid" stage chronologically but it was still wonderful.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

The Lost Ticket
    by Freya Sampson
    Drama on the bus can be Shakespearean. You just want to go downtown, but on the way, you overhear a ...
    The War Librarian
    by Addison Armstrong
    Emmaline Balakin believes in the power of the written word — books have changed her life. When...
  • Book Jacket: The Book of Goose
    The Book of Goose
    by Yiyun Li
    Yiyun Li's The Book of Goose is a story of childhood friendship between narrator Agnès, a one-...
  • Book Jacket: Big Red
    Big Red
    by Jerome Charyn
    Jerome Charyn made his name as an author of detective novels, and over the years he has taken his ...

The Bell in the Lake
by Lars Mytting

Members Recommend

Our Missing Hearts
    by Celeste Ng

From the author of Little Fires Everywhere, the inspiring new novel about a mother’s unbreakable love in a world consumed by fear.

Book Club Giveaway!