Reader reviews and comments on Charity Girl, plus links to write your own review.

Charity Girl

Jan 2008, 336 pages

There is 1 reader review for Charity Girl

Barbara

Charity Girl
I found Charity Girl a very enlightening novel. It covers a period that is not commonly found in literature from a unique perspective. Of course, we have heard of the "studies" on mental patients and the disabled during World War II and this touches on that same violation of human rights. Besides the empathy the reader has for a young women struggling to gain control of her life in a precarious financial state, there is the outrage at the treatment of women and the assumption that they are the cause of men's problems. I was engrossed in it from the very start and felt sad for the circumstances that left her so lost. The peace that she made with her mother was satisfying since they then struggled together.

• Book Jacket: I Found My Tribe

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes