Reader reviews and comments on The Boleyn Inheritance, plus links to write your own review.

The Boleyn Inheritance

by Philippa Gregory

The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory

Dec 2006, 528 pages
    Aug 2007, 544 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Boleyn Inheritance

Cariola

Gregory's Best
This is by far Philippa Gregory's best historical novel. I love the way she interweaves the voices of three characters--none of which have been given much voice in previous novels by other authors. I've always wondered what motivated Lady Rocheford (Jane Boleyn) to assist in Katherine Howard's silly scheming, and Gregory explores one possibility. I also knew that Anne of Cleves stayed in England and was kind of an "auntie" to Henry's children, but she becomes a much more real person here. I can't wait for Gregory's next novel, The Other Queen--about Mary, Queen of Scots--to come out in Spring 2008.

• Book Jacket: Do Not Become Alarmed