MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Blood Brothers, plus links to write your own review.

Blood Brothers

Sep 2007, 336 pages

There is 1 reader review for Blood Brothers

John Heiss (04/15/07)

A graduate of Walter Reed school of injury and recovery
You really hit the proverbial nail. A gut wrenching saga of war from the men and women on the front lines. I too spent my time at Walter Reed(1969). Blood Brothers brought it all back in focus from the moment of impact all the way through the night mares of physical and mental recovery. Do we ever recover? The ghosts of our former lives still resound loudly in our souls.

I was riveted by the stories of these brave men in the way they were treated by our government. I have vivid memories of that place, that concret structure that housed the men of Ward 57. I still hear the screams and the laughter, I still feel the loving but tough nurses who made it possible for these men to survive a day at a time. Michael Weisskopf you have written a wonderful story. I give it ten stars.

The Second Mrs. Hockaday
    by Susan Rivers

Win The Widow

"Engrossing."
- Stephen King

A loving husband or a heartless killer…She'd know. Wouldn't she?

• Book Jacket: A Question of Mercy
    A Question of Mercy
    by Elizabeth Cox
    Authors leave little gifts for readers, which seem to turn up at the exact right moment. Perhaps a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Terranauts
    The Terranauts
    by T.C. Boyle
    In an increasingly noisy and fractious world, the idea of "getting away from it all" holds ...
    The Gardens of Consolation
    by Parisa Reza
    The Gardens of Consolation introduces 12-year-old Talla, and her 20-year-old husband Sadar, as they ...

H I A H Does