Reader reviews and comments on After This, plus links to write your own review.

After This

by Alice McDermott

After This by Alice McDermott

Sep 2006, 288 pages
    Sep 2007, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for After This

judy (03/30/10)

very disappointed
I was very excited when this book became available at my local library. It had been on my "must read" list for sometime so it was with great anticipation that I began to read. I found the book boring and the characters uninteresting. If the book had been any longer I would not have even attempted to finish it. It moved very slowly and just never took off for me. The last chapter was by far the most interesting. I just kept waiting and hoping something (anything!) interesting would happen to the characters.I will never pick up another book by this author again.
jill carmel (06/30/08)

After This by Alice McDermott
I was disappointed after reading Charming Billy -I thought this one would be just as good.

The Summer Before the War
    Tender
    by Belinda McKeon

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

K Your F C