MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Messenger, plus links to write your own review.

The Messenger

by Daniel Silva

The Messenger

Jul 2006, 352 pages
    Jul 2007, 500 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Messenger

SandyA (02/08/07)

And then I wrote -- the same book all over again
I need to preface my review with this disclaimer: I am a Daniel Silva fan, and have recommended him to other people who like well written mysteries, sympathetic heroes, and creative plots.

HOWEVER, this book by Silva seems identical to several of his others, particularly the one about the pope. By using the same characters, I feel I have already read this book. The only difference between this one and his previous novels, is that this book has none of the freshness, suspense, or the glorious sexiness of Gabriel Alon. It's been tough sledding. Read his other books, and then wait for him to find a new hero -- or heroine?

Sandy