Reader reviews and comments on The Messenger, plus links to write your own review.

The Messenger

by Daniel Silva

The Messenger by Daniel Silva X
The Messenger by Daniel Silva

Jul 2006, 352 pages
    Jul 2007, 500 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Messenger

SandyA

And then I wrote -- the same book all over again
I need to preface my review with this disclaimer: I am a Daniel Silva fan, and have recommended him to other people who like well written mysteries, sympathetic heroes, and creative plots.

HOWEVER, this book by Silva seems identical to several of his others, particularly the one about the pope. By using the same characters, I feel I have already read this book. The only difference between this one and his previous novels, is that this book has none of the freshness, suspense, or the glorious sexiness of Gabriel Alon. It's been tough sledding. Read his other books, and then wait for him to find a new hero -- or heroine?

Sandy

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Transcendent Kingdom
    Transcendent Kingdom
    by Yaa Gyasi
    Yaa Gyasi's (pronounced "yah jessie") Transcendent Kingdom is, among other things, a meditation on ...
  • Book Jacket: We Are Not Free
    We Are Not Free
    by Traci Chee
    Author Traci Chee is best known for her young adult fantasy trilogy, The Reader series. We Are Not ...
  • Book Jacket: The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    by Jennifer Hofmann
    The title of Jennifer Hofmann's perceptive debut novel with its bureaucratese strongly suggests a ...
  • Book Jacket: His Only Wife
    His Only Wife
    by Peace Adzo Medie
    21-year-old Afi is a talented Ghanaian seamstress eager to study fashion design, but her life is ...

Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke

A new novel from the NY Times bestselling author of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

Find Me
by André Aciman

The author of the worldwide bestseller Call Me by Your Name revisits its complex and beguiling characters.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C