Reader reviews and comments on The Messenger, plus links to write your own review.

The Messenger

by Daniel Silva

The Messenger by Daniel Silva X
The Messenger by Daniel Silva

Jul 2006, 352 pages
    Jul 2007, 500 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Messenger

SandyA

And then I wrote -- the same book all over again
I need to preface my review with this disclaimer: I am a Daniel Silva fan, and have recommended him to other people who like well written mysteries, sympathetic heroes, and creative plots.

HOWEVER, this book by Silva seems identical to several of his others, particularly the one about the pope. By using the same characters, I feel I have already read this book. The only difference between this one and his previous novels, is that this book has none of the freshness, suspense, or the glorious sexiness of Gabriel Alon. It's been tough sledding. Read his other books, and then wait for him to find a new hero -- or heroine?

Sandy

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci
    by Chloe Benjamin
  • Book Jacket: The Kites
    The Kites
    by Romain Gary, Miranda Richmond Mouillot
    Published by New Directions for the first time in English, Romain Gary's The Kites tells a story of ...

Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig

The Chalk Man
    by C. J. Tudor

Relentlessly compelling psychological suspense. The must-read thriller debut of 2018.

Win Mothers of Sparta

Mothers of Sparta: A Memoir

Sorry, we do not currently have an active wordplay!