Reader reviews and comments on The Meaning of Night, plus links to write your own review.

The Meaning of Night

A Confession

by Michael Cox

The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox

Sep 2006, 672 pages
    Oct 2007, 704 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Meaning of Night

Avid Historical Reader (12/28/06)

Intrigue
When this novel began, I thought I was reading another Jack the Ripper, serial killer, confession novel. I was amazingly wrong. This novel is filled with intrigue, horror, pity, love, friendship, betrayal... I could not put this book down. So in tune with the main character, Glyver/Glapthorn/Duport I became, that I felt myself warning him, hating him, loving him, triumphing and crying for him. Michael Cox so perfectly laid out this "confession" complete with footnotes, as if a 3rd party had read every last dark detail. It is truly a novel not to be missed.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts
    Music of the Ghosts
    by Vaddey Ratner

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

If We Were Villains
    by M. L. Rio

Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd rather have been talking

Y S M B, I'll S Y