Reader reviews and comments on The Meaning of Night, plus links to write your own review.

The Meaning of Night

A Confession

by Michael Cox

The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox

Sep 2006, 672 pages
    Oct 2007, 704 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Meaning of Night

Avid Historical Reader (12/28/06)

Intrigue
When this novel began, I thought I was reading another Jack the Ripper, serial killer, confession novel. I was amazingly wrong. This novel is filled with intrigue, horror, pity, love, friendship, betrayal... I could not put this book down. So in tune with the main character, Glyver/Glapthorn/Duport I became, that I felt myself warning him, hating him, loving him, triumphing and crying for him. Michael Cox so perfectly laid out this "confession" complete with footnotes, as if a 3rd party had read every last dark detail. It is truly a novel not to be missed.

• Book Jacket: Hillbilly Elegy

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd rather have been talking

O My D B