Reader reviews and comments on St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves, plus links to write your own review.

St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves

by Karen Russell

St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves by Karen Russell X
St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves by Karen Russell

Sep 2006, 256 pages
    Aug 2007, 256 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves

This a very beautiful book,
I love this book. It is really great. I will always read this book. It inspires me to write my own book.

I have mixed feelings about Russell's collection. "Weird" might be a better word than "unique," and at times I felt like she was being weird for weirdness sake. Don't get me wrong--weird can be great, but I like it to have some meaning or purpose. The title story didn't do much for me, but I loved "Children's Reminiscences of Westward Expansion." (If you want to know what I mean by weird, this one begins with the dad, who happens to be a minotaur, hitching himself to the pioneer wagon.) But she does write beautifully. In the story mentioned above, the descriptions of the prairie are astounding.

• Book Jacket: A Land of Permanent Goodbyes

• Book Jacket: Educated
    by Tara Westover

The House of Broken Angels
    by Luis Alberto Urrea

The definitive Mexican-American immigrant story from an acclaimed storyteller.

Sometimes I Lie