Reader reviews and comments on St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves, plus links to write your own review.

St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves

Stories

by Karen Russell

St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves by Karen Russell

Sep 2006, 256 pages
    Aug 2007, 256 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves

shajuana (07/03/14)

This a very beautiful book,
I love this book. It is really great. I will always read this book. It inspires me to write my own book.
Cariola (02/17/07)

Unique
I have mixed feelings about Russell's collection. "Weird" might be a better word than "unique," and at times I felt like she was being weird for weirdness sake. Don't get me wrong--weird can be great, but I like it to have some meaning or purpose. The title story didn't do much for me, but I loved "Children's Reminiscences of Westward Expansion." (If you want to know what I mean by weird, this one begins with the dad, who happens to be a minotaur, hitching himself to the pioneer wagon.) But she does write beautifully. In the story mentioned above, the descriptions of the prairie are astounding.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

Y S M B, I'll S Y