Reader reviews and comments on St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves, plus links to write your own review.

St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves

Stories

by Karen Russell

St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves

Sep 2006, 256 pages
    Aug 2007, 256 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves

shajuana (07/03/14)

This a very beautiful book,
I love this book. It is really great. I will always read this book. It inspires me to write my own book.
Cariola (02/17/07)

Unique
I have mixed feelings about Russell's collection. "Weird" might be a better word than "unique," and at times I felt like she was being weird for weirdness sake. Don't get me wrong--weird can be great, but I like it to have some meaning or purpose. The title story didn't do much for me, but I loved "Children's Reminiscences of Westward Expansion." (If you want to know what I mean by weird, this one begins with the dad, who happens to be a minotaur, hitching himself to the pioneer wagon.) But she does write beautifully. In the story mentioned above, the descriptions of the prairie are astounding.

• Book Jacket: Here I Am

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review