Reader reviews and comments on Half of a Yellow Sun, plus links to write your own review.

Half of a Yellow Sun

by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Sep 2006, 448 pages
    Sep 2007, 528 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Half of a Yellow Sun

Grace (09/17/11)

Excellent
Chimamanda did a great job in her portrayal of the demons in every human. Just think of the atrocities people commit in war situations. We need writers like her to remind us from time to time that it is up to us to make our world the way we want it to be. If we choose to make it a hell, we live with it.
Vanger Fater (11/18/10)

Half of a yellow Sun
Chimamanda N.A has taken Nigerian literature to its modern form. Her 'Half of a Yellow Sun' in no doubt has proved this.
eyen amos (11/27/09)

reflections
Chimamanda's book has empowered the literary world. Her relating of the Biafra war and all the bizarre things that took place; and yet still finding a way to weave the ugly situation with beautiful things going on in the mind of a young child and the other qualities that shows the true character of Nigerians - resilient and cheerful even in the face of adversity. The characters are simple but yet profound. nobody tells the coming of age story like Chimamanda. She has the ability to go into there world and bring to the surface their fears, pain and hope in a way that is clear for all to see what the issues are.
Valerie (12/15/06)

Highly recommended
An excellent book - well written, deep character development, and very informative about countries in civil war.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Caught in the Revolution

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power

O My D B