Reader reviews and comments on Half of a Yellow Sun, plus links to write your own review.

Half of a Yellow Sun

by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Sep 2006, 448 pages
    Sep 2007, 528 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Half of a Yellow Sun

Grace

Excellent
Chimamanda did a great job in her portrayal of the demons in every human. Just think of the atrocities people commit in war situations. We need writers like her to remind us from time to time that it is up to us to make our world the way we want it to be. If we choose to make it a hell, we live with it.
Vanger Fater

Half of a yellow Sun
Chimamanda N.A has taken Nigerian literature to its modern form. Her 'Half of a Yellow Sun' in no doubt has proved this.
Valerie

Highly recommended
An excellent book - well written, deep character development, and very informative about countries in civil war.
eyen amos

reflections
Chimamanda's book has empowered the literary world. Her relating of the Biafra war and all the bizarre things that took place; and yet still finding a way to weave the ugly situation with beautiful things going on in the mind of a young child and the other qualities that shows the true character of Nigerians - resilient and cheerful even in the face of adversity. The characters are simple but yet profound. nobody tells the coming of age story like Chimamanda. She has the ability to go into there world and bring to the surface their fears, pain and hope in a way that is clear for all to see what the issues are.

• Book Jacket: Forest Dark
    Forest Dark
    by Nicole Krauss
    In Forest Dark, Nicole Krauss presents parallel stories of two people who leave New York to stay in ...
  • Book Jacket: The Amber Shadows
    The Amber Shadows
    by Lucy Ribchester
    The Amber Shadows sweeps readers into the realm of World War II-era Britain where Honor "Honey" ...
  • Book Jacket: Midwinter Break

The Twelve-Mile Straight
    by Eleanor Henderson

Win If the Creek Don't Rise

If the Creek Don't Rise

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Y Can't M A S P O O A S E