MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on There Is No Me Without You, plus links to write your own review.

There Is No Me Without You

Sep 2006, 352 pages
    Sep 2007, 496 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for There Is No Me Without You

Colin KNAUF

We can't sit on our THUMBS any longer, or it is GENOCIDE.
Melissa Fay Greene's hard hitting journalistic style remains as neutral as possible in this real life horror story and fairy tale. She relates the pain and suffering of AIDS at every level with an amazing compassion and reality. Try as any one might, it is not possible to be neutral about Genocide. Her soft, tender story telling, mixed with pragmatic journalism makes a brave and vibrant read. She tells an amazing story of compassion, tenderness, dedication and sacrifice mixed with horror and greed at the highest level. But above all else she leaves us with HOPE. Hope for the innocent victims of Western Capitalism which created the pandemic in the first place. An unfeeling money machine profiting beyond belief from unregulated pharmaceuticals and their unintended catastrophic result.
   Melissa Fay Greene's heart wrenching story telling is moving and compassionate. Her research and journalism is beyond reproach. Her message is clear. When CEO's paid $186,000 USD salaries, collude with government to thwart the distribution of life saving medicine – IT IS WRONG and it is nothing less than GENOCIDE.
When the cost of drugs at $300/per victim /per year will stop the pandemic in its tracks yet we choose not to, we have to ask why not? So that big Pharma can sell the same drug at $18,000.

"There Is No Me Without You" is a searing book that must be read. Do not attempt to read it without tissues.

If you are not tempted after reading it to sell your iPod or Nike's and send the proceeds to save a life, then you, just may be suffering worse than the children of Africa.
Corrie

If You Only Read 1 Book This Year, Then It Should Be This One!
You have to read this book! We, in the US, are so oblivious to what is going on in other parts of the world, especially Ethiopia. This book will capture your attention from the start and really gets you thinking.

• Book Jacket: Mary Toft; or, The Rabbit Queen
    Mary Toft; or, The Rabbit Queen
    by Dexter Palmer
    The year is 1726 and the sleepy town of Godalming has been rocked by scandal. Called to the bedside ...
  • Book Jacket: Life Undercover
    Life Undercover
    by Amaryllis Fox
    Life Undercover, a riveting true-adventure memoir, reveals how and why a young woman decides to work...
  • Book Jacket: Celestial Bodies
    Celestial Bodies
    by Jokha Alharthi
    One typically expects to find a detailed family tree adorning the opening pages of, say, an epic ...
  • Book Jacket: All-American Muslim Girl
    All-American Muslim Girl
    by Nadine Jolie Courtney
    16-year-old Allie (Alia) Abraham, with her fair coloring, has always been able to "pass" for an All-...

The Lost Man
by Jane Harper

"Strong characters, riveting plot and an honest look at life in the Australian outback make it easy to give this 5-stars!"
—BookBrowse

You Were There Too
    by Colleen Oakley

Acclaimed author Colleen Oakley delivers a heart-wrenching and unforgettable love story.

Creatures
    by Crissy Van Meter

Set on the eve of an island wedding, this provocative debut novel exerts a pull as strong as the tides.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win American Dirt

"A Grapes of Wrath for our times." - Don Winslow

This debut is already being hailed as a new American classic, and is the first book to receive a perfect 5-stars from BookBrowse reviewers!

V I T S Of L