Reader reviews and comments on The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, plus links to write your own review.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Oct 2007, 240 pages

There are currently 72 reader reviews for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Chazer

THe Best Book Ever!
I am 11 and I really enjoyed this book even though it's not in my age rating. I would recommend this book to people who like history and adventure (especially WW2.
Thanks John Boyne for writing this book!
coolest_of_them_all

The best book i have read
This book is so good. I cried at the end and I was shell-shocked about what they had to go through. I'm so addicted to this book like I am to purple and chocolate!!!
shayna

The boy in the striped pajamas
This book was amazing I think that I would recommend this book to a person who likes to hear people's survival stories. I would say you would want to be a little older like 13 to understand this book. Sometimes there's some words and things that I didn't understand. Like they say don't judge a book by its cover I would of never thought of the book to be like that. When I think of the boy in the striped pajamas I think of a little kid book but it's nothing like that.
SashaLouLou

The Boy In The striped Pyjamas
Well, the movie is just as good as the book, but the book puts it in sections and helps build more tension because if your like me I don't read a book in one night it will be finished with in about 2 weeks. So by reading the book it makes you want you want read on but you can also just wait for a bit and then you can come back to it :) but I enjoyed the book so much :)
rebecca

Amazing
The book was great, and it was very touching. The book taught me to never hate someone that is different than you, you should always try to be friends.
skye

Educative
The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas is such an educative book. This novel opened my eyes to history, it showed me just how innocent Jews were. Every young person should read this book!!!! I had to write a review on the novel and there was no critisism at all.
jessica

the boy in the striped pajamas
This book is one of the best I've ever read. it touched my heart as I'm sure it did to many many more. :)
Ellie

Review
This book brought a tear to my eye, as I think this book can be emotional in places, I would recommend this book to people who like adventure stories...Keep reading !

• Book Jacket: The Long Call
    The Long Call
    by Ann Cleeves
    Penning a great murder mystery seems like it would be particularly challenging. The story often fits...
  • Book Jacket: The Liar
    The Liar
    by Ayelet Gundar-Goshen
    The Liar is a book that will make its readers uncomfortable by design; set in modern-day Israel, it ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dutch House
    The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

There are a few times in life when you leap up and the past that you'd been standing on falls away ...

• Book Jacket: The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek
    The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek
    by Kim Michele Richardson
    A loyal animal companion, treks through gorgeous but forbidding wilderness, glimpses of larger ...

Motherhood So White
    by Nefertiti Austin

A heartwarming memoir of motherhood and adoption told through an African American lens.

The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste

"A brilliant novel, lyrically lifting history towards myth. It's also compulsively readable."
    —Salman Rushdie

Win The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

An enchanting story for fans of The Little Paris Bookshop and The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

L, Damn L, A S