Reader reviews and comments on The Emperor's Children, plus links to write your own review.

The Emperor's Children

by Claire Messud

The Emperor's Children by Claire Messud

Aug 2006, 448 pages
    Jun 2007, 496 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Emperor's Children

Bookworm (06/28/10)

Too wordy
I also really tried with this book. The plot seemed interesting, but the writing was soooo wordy. Sentences seemed to drag on down the page. I had to reread sentences often. I only got through about a fourth of the book and gave up.
rachelwf (09/10/07)

overrated & slooooowwwwww
I really tried with this book. It had a very interesting plot & characters but the writer dragged sooo much with her writing, that I put it down less than a 1/3rd through. I know it's been reviewed as a real prize, but I could not finish it.

Discover your next great read here

The One-in-a-Million Boy
by Monica Wood

If We Were Villains
    by M. L. Rio

The Garden of Small Beginnings
    by Abbi Waxman

What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading, you wish the author that wrote it was a ...

Y S M B, I'll S Y