MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on On Beauty, plus links to write your own review.

On Beauty

by Zadie Smith

On Beauty

Sep 2005, 464 pages
    Aug 2006, 464 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for On Beauty

tatoutheangel (09/30/08)

About On Beauty...
I highly recommend to read the novel though there are boring parts.
Many people will identify themselves with the characters of the novel.
Zadie Smith tried to tackle many interesting issues in the novel. She didn't focus exclusively on aesthetics even if the novel is entitled: On beauty.
mjc (06/05/07)

It was ok
This book was ok, it was a bit boring, but yet I wanted to read on. After I finished I thought I wouldn't recommend it, but now that I think about it, and realize that there was a fair bit good content considering it was about a prof and his family. It did generate good discussion in our book club.

The Second Mrs. Hockaday
    by Susan Rivers

Win No Man's Land

No Man's Land
by Simon Tolkien

• Book Jacket: Ruler of the Night
    Ruler of the Night
    by David Morrell
    Amateur sleuth Thomas De Quincey is back in a mystery set in Victorian England. This time, he and ...
  • Book Jacket: A List of Cages